The stand-alone version of Lightroom is dying slowly.
– The map module isn’t working for the last 6 months.
– This morning, I couldn’t export pictures. The reason was a missing network drive where Lightroom permanently tried to write meta-data.
– Printer settings get lost between sessions.
– Attached Nikon D4 cameras are not recognized, neither are Nikon Z NEF files
– Instable and frequent crashes under Catalina.
What are the options?
Capture 1 – excellent RAW, neither keywording nor catalogue/session work flow is really usable, expensive & slow
DxO Photolab 3 – excellent RAW & dehaze but many functions like perspective control & keywords missing, Fuji RAF not recognized, slow
Photo Mechanic 6 – super fast but no editing
on1 Photo Raw 2019 – slow, strange RAW results (dehaze leads to colour cast)
Affinity – no DAM so far.
10 Feb 2020
For the Nikon Z I used the detour of Adobe DNG converter but for 5.000 files this is not usable just like Capture NX. So my last ressort is ImageMagick.