I confess, yea, there is a misunderstanding (sometimes) between generations. A new mindset list like the Beloit College List is therefore very handy as it explains
Most students entering college for the first time this fall […] were born in 1992.
2. Email is just too slow, and they seldom if ever use snail mail. […]
7. Caramel macchiato and venti half-caf vanilla latte have always been street corner lingo. […]
20. DNA fingerprinting and maps of the human genome have always existed. […]
46. Nirvana is on the classic oldies station. […]
52. There have always been women priests in the Anglican Church. […]
65. They first met Michelangelo when he was just a computer virus. […]
Maybe I should reserve some time to rewrite that in German with my children, yea, yea.