aerzteblatt.de, thejournal.ie, bbc.com, reuters.com, lemon.fr (with video) report that
France has moved to suspend sales of a vitamin D medication following the death of a baby who suffocated after being given the liquid supplement, health authorities said today. France’s ANSM agency that oversees the safety of medicines and health products said it had taken the measure “as a precaution” after investigations showed “a probable link between the death and the administration of Uvesterol D”.
Indeed vitamin D is used as a rodenticide with high toxicity. The death of the baby was probably not a direct effect of vitamin D but induced by the kind of application. In any case, I would avoid any oral application of an immunosuppressive hormone to a healthy newborn.